Kno.e.sis is a Center in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at Wright State University, founded as part of Ohio's Third Frontier program.
|Kno.e.sis, Ohio Center of Excellence in Knowledge-enabled Computing|
Our cutting-edge research in the use of semantic and services science for data integration, analysis, and process management complements daytaOhio's mission to leverage innovation in data-intensive technologies for economic expansion.
Kno.e.sis research focuses on realizing a knowledge society with semantics and services as key enablers. Our work leads to prototypes and their evaluation with the participation of academic and commercial partners, technology development and licensing followed by real-world deployment and commercialization.
Kno.e.sis Library available online at <http://knoesis.wright.edu/library>
- Semantics Empowered Social Computing : Semantics Empowered Social Computing
- Blazing Semantic Trails : Relationship Web: Blazing Semantic Trails between Web Resources
- eDrugTrends : Trending: Social media analysis to monitor cannabis and synthetic cannabinoid use
- Social Signals : A Playground for Mobile Sensors, Human Computing, and Semantic Analytics
- Modeling for cloud : Semantic Modeling for Cloud computing
- Computing For Human Experience: Computing For Human Experience
- Continuous Semantics to Analyze Real Time_Data: Continuous Semantics to Analyze Real-Time Data
- Citizen Sensing : Citizen Sensing, Social Signals, and Enriching Human Experience
- PCS: Physical-Cyber-Social Computing: An Early 21st Century Approach to Computing for Human Experience
- Twitris: Twitris- a System for Collective Social Intelligence
Projects by 12 Categories
- Bioinformatics :
- Data Mining :
- Defense and Intelligence :
- eScience, Healthcare, and Life Science :
- Knowledge Acquisition and Learning :
- Knowledge Acquisition and Validation :
- ML and NLP :
- Material Informatics:
- Semantic Research Service :
- Semantic Sensor Web :
- Semantic Social Web :
- Socio-Cultural-Behavioral :
- Visualization :
- Category:Information Extraction
- Category:Information Exploration
- Category:Linked Data
- Category:Cloud Computing
- Category:Open Source
Projects by Title
- Assessing the Reliability of Medical Information on Online Social Media
- Choose Ohio First: Growing the STEMM Pipeline in the Dayton Region FY2016/FY2017
- Context-Aware Harassment Detection on Social Media
- CUTE: Instructional Laboratories for Cloud Computing Education
- EAGER: Collaborative Research: A New Science of Visual Experience
- eDrugTrends : Trending: Social media analysis to monitor cannabis and synthetic cannabinoid use. The ultimate goal of this project is to decrease the burden of psychoactive substance use in the United States. We develop and deploy an innovative software platform, eDrugTrends, capable of semi-automated processing of social media data to- identify emerging trends in cannabis and synthetic cannabinoid use in the U.S.
- Employee and Job Search Semantic Engine: Phase I
- The Fels Longitudinal Study and Related Projects
- Hazards SEES : Social and Physical Sensing Enabled Decision Support
- KHealth: Semantic Multisensory Mobile Approach to Personalized Asthma Care
- Market Driven Innovations and Scaling up of Twitris : A System for Collective Social Intelligence
- Maximizing the Collective Intelligence of a Network Using Novel Measures of Socio-Cognitive Diversity
- Mechanistic Interpretations of Hypobaria and Hyperoxia Using Metabolomics and Proteomics
- Modeling Social Behavior for Healthcare Utilization in Depression
- NIDA National Early Warning System Network (iN3)
- NMR-Based Urinary Metabolomics in Rats Exposed to Burn Pit Emissions and Respirable Sand
- Project Safe Neighborhood : Westwood Partnership to Prevent Juvenile Repeat Offenders
- SemMat: Federated Semantic Services Platform for Open Materials Science and Engineering
- Testing Environment for Human Detection Algotithms on Synthetic FMV
- Towards Geospatial Awareness from Wide-Area Aerial Surveillance
- Towards Understanding and Mitigating the Impact of Web Robot Traffic on Web Systems
- A Decision Support Reasoner
- A National Model for Engineering Mathematics Education :
- Apihut : Faceted Search and Indexing for Web pages
- Arch for Secure Semantic Sens Network DAGSI :
- BLOOMS : an ontology alignment system based on the idea of bootstrapping information already present on the LOD cloud. It was developed particularly for Linked Open Data schema alignment.
- Cardiology Semantic Analysis System: Phase I :
- Characterization and Analysis of Codon Usage Bias : Characterization and Analysis of Codon Usage Bias
- Cirrocumulus : This research is likely to initiate a mindset shift on the process of modeling, development, deployment and management of cloud based applications and initiate long term research in the same context. Cirrocumulus : The Cloud Application Platform
- Cloud Computing Collaboratory :
- Cuebee: Knowledge Driven Query Formulation.* DiCoy - Distributed Computing for the Web Ontology Language :
- DaVinci: Text Mining for Knowledge Discovery.
- Diffuse Coronary Artery Disease Detection :
- DOOZER : an application that aims at generating or extracting a domain model from Wikipedia or other similarly structured knowledge sources. It takes as input an incomplete description of a domain, such as a query or list of seed concepts.
- EAGER - Knowledge Transfer Oriented Data Mining with Focus on the Decision Tree Knowledge Type :
- Early Lung Disease Detection Alliance :
- Enhancing Information Extraction with linked Open Data :
- ERRO - Efficient Reasoning with Rules and Ontologies :
- Forensic DNA research :PCR-based amplification of STR loci has become the method of choice for the purpose of human identification in forensic investigations. With these loci, length polymorphisms associated with differences in the number of tandem repeats of four-nucleotide (tetranucleotide) core sequences are detected after polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification.
- HP Live Information Management :
- hRESTs : The Web 2.0 wave brings, among other aspects, the Programmable Web: increasing numbers of Web sites provide machine-oriented APIs and Web services.
- Human Performance Ontology (HPO) :
- ICER: Information Operations/Cyber Exploitation Research Program, City Beat :
- Identification of Biomarkers of Toxicity and Downstream Outcomes :
- Kino : A combination of browser plugin and back-end Indexer
- Kino-phylo- Phyloinformatics : Kino for phylogeny, also known as Kino-phylo, is an integrated suite of tools that enables scientists to annotate phylogeny related Web documents. Kino-phylo uses PhylOnt as well as other NCBO ontologies. Kino-phylo consists of an NCBO integrated front-end that allows the convenient annotation and submission of web documents through a browser plug-in, and an annotation aware back-end, capable of providing faceted search capabilites. These annotations have a variety of uses, ranging from extended search capabilities to advanced data mining.
- KDDM: AFRL/RX Materials Database Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining:
- Kno.e.com - Knowledge-enabled Content Management :
- Knowledge-Aware-Search :
- KTDM EAGER - Knowledge Transfer Oriented Data Mining with Focus on the Decision Tree Knowledge Type :
- Large-scale Visualization of Arterial Trees :
- Linked Open Social Signals: Handling information overload in collectively analyzing observations, opinions and other social signals from the Web
- Mediatability : Mediation and integration of data are significant challenges because the number of services on the Web, and heterogeneities in their data representation, continue to increase rapidly.
- MobiCloud : MobiCloud Web based Composer
- NMR-Based Metabolomics in Toxicology Research :
- PCS : Physical-Cyber-Social Computing
- Obvio : Semantic Predications for Literature-based Discovery
- Ontology and Semantic-Aided Human Cognition Knowledge Discovery :
- People-Content-Network Dynamics on Social Media : Understanding information, influence or popularity propagation in online social networks is a challenging problem with several contributing factors such as the timeliness and content of the information, the participants responsible for sharing the information, the structure of the network etc.
- PhylOnt - Phyloinformatics : In revealing historical relationships among genes and species, phylogenies provide a unifying context across the life sciences for investigating diversification of biological form and function. The utility of phylogenies for addressing a wide variety of biological questions is evident in the rapidly increasing number of published gene and species trees. The impact that this deluge of species and gene tree estimates will have on our understanding of the forces that shape biodiversity will be limited by the accessibility of these trees, and the underlying data and methods of analysis. The true structure of species trees and gene trees is rarely known. Rather, estimates are obtained through the application of increasingly sophisticated phylogenetic inference methods to increasingly large and complicated datasets. The need for Minimum Information about Phylogenetic Analyses (MIAPA) reporting standard is clear, but specification of the standard has been hampered by the absence of controlled vocabularies to describe phylogenetic methodologies and workflows.
- PREDOSE eScience,Health Care and Life Science, Semantic Social Web, Knowledge Acquisition and Validation : PREDOSE is the name of the NIH funded PREscription Drug abuse Online-Surveillance and Epidemiology projec(July 2011 - present) which is an inter-disciplinary collaborative project between the Ohio Center for Excellence in Knowledge-enabled Computing (Kno.e.sis) and the Center for Treatment
- Protein Structure : Understanding protein structure and the forces that drive protein folding is one of the most fundamental and challenging problems in biochemistry. We are pursuing a number of projects that explore the determinants of protein structure and improve computational structure prediction methods.
- RDF Query Processsing : Our work in Keyword Search Interface to express path queries in RDF provides the capability to take keywords and then extract semantic associations by transforming the keyword query into an internal representation of SPARQ2L.
- Real Time Feature Streams : RI-Small: Exploiting Syntactic, Semantic and Lexical Regularities in Statistical Language Modeling
- RI-Small: Exploiting Syntactic, Semantic and Lexical Regularities in Statistical Language Modeling :
- SA-REST : SA-REST Draft version (obsolete)
- SA-REST Annotator : Annotation plugin for SA-REST
- Provenance Management Framework
- SCIE - Semantic Computing and Internet Economics :
- Scooner: Semantically Connecting Objects through Named Entities and Relationships : The limitations of key word based search are well known in the information retrieval field. These are more evident in life sciences where most of the reliable scientific information is spread across biomedical literature in the form textual journal articles.
- SEM-Semantics-enabled Editorial Management :
- Semantics Driven Analysis of Social Media : Over the last few years, there has been a growing public fascination with 'social media' and its role in modern society. At the heart of this fascination is the ability for users to create and share content via a variety of platforms such as blogs, micro-blogs, collaborative wikis, multimedia sharing sites, social networking sites etc.
- SemDis : SemDis is a collaborative project between Kno.e.sis Center at Wright State University (WSU), LSDIS lab at the University of Georgia, Athens
- SemDIS: Discovering Complex Relationships in the Semantic Web :
- SemGrail 2011 :
- SemSOS :
- Sensory Discovery on Linked Data :
- Sentiment Analysis of Social Media Content : People share their opinions and sentiments on various topics via social media. Automatic sentiment analysis of social media content is a requirement for assessing the pulse of any population around any topic. We try to explore a series of problems with respect to sentiment analysis of social media content, and these efforts will lead to deeper and broader understanding of people's sentiments.
- SIDFOT - T040 Subtask sow:LVC Sensors Integration for Data Fusion in Operations and Training :
- SOCS : Online social networks and always-connected mobile devices have created an immense opportunity that empowers citizens and organizations to communicate and coordinate effectively in the wake of critical events.
- Spatio-Temporal-Thematic Query Processing : Analytical applications are increasingly exploiting complex relationships among named entities as a powerful analytical tool.
- STT: Spatio-Temporal-Thematic Queries of Semantic Web Data - A Study of Expressivity and Efficiency :
- T040: LVC Sensors Integration for Data Fusion in Operations and Training :
- Tcruzi - Semantics and Services Enabled Problem Solving Environment for Trypanosoma cruzi :
- Tensor field visualization :
- Text Mining and Knowledge Discovery over Biomedical Literature : The information access paradigm offered by most contemporary text information systems is a search-and-sift paradigm where users have to manually glean and aggregate relevant information from the large
- Trusted Perception Cycle :
- Trusted Semantic Sensor Network :
- Trusted Semantic Sensor Network - T08 :
- Trusted Semantic Sensor Web :
- Trusted Semantic Sensor Web to Support Decision Making over Massive Amounts of Sensor and Social Data
- TWARQL : Every day, Web users are using Twitter to simultaneously publish millions of microblog posts (microposts or tweets) with opinions, observations and suggestions that may represent invaluable information for businesses and researchers around the world
- Twitris : Twitris, a Semantic Web application that facilitates understanding of social perceptions by Semantics-based processing of massive amounts of event-centric data. Twitris 2.0 addresses challenges in large scale processing of social data, preserving spatio-temporal-thematic properties.
- Vector field visualization
- Visualization of Vascular Structures :
- Trykipedia : Trykipedia Homepage
- SemViz: SemViz Homepage
- SSW: Semantic Sensor Web Homepage
- Trust: Trust in Interpersonal, Social, and Sensor Networks
- Human Performance and Cognition Ontology
- Twitris: Twitter through Space, Theme and Time.
- Twarql: SPARQL Querying Streams of Tweets
- Social Health Signals
Conference Resource Pages
- Service-Oriented Computing Summer School (Hersonissos, Crete, Greece - 2011)
- ACM 2012
- Description Logic
- MS Summit
- Sem Tech
Instructions for Authors
You may want to use this template to describe your project.
If you are looking for the getting started instructions, follow the link.