Hello World Tutorial
This tutorial covers the creation of a Hello world application. This application has
- A minimal model with only one attribute.
- A minimal controller with two actions.
- Two minimal views demonstrating a simple user interface.
What does the 'Hello World' do ?
Similar to other hello worlds, this one does nothing fancy, except illustrate the use of the language and the major components of the generated code. This hello world has
- A mobile UI with a textbox and a button to fetch a greeting
- A back-end application with a database that stores a set of greetings.
The actions are adding a greeting and displaying the stored set of greetings.
The create process requires
- Getting the users greeting through a mobile UI component.
- Encoding the values in XML and sending it to the server.
- Decoding the values in the server and constructing the appropriate date object.
- storing the greeting data object in the database.
The retrieve process requires
- passing the request to the server to fetch the greeting
- fetching the greeting from the database
- encoding the values in XML and sending it to the mobile device
- decoding the values in the mobile side and displaying it in the UI
Automated deployment with Google App Engine
The email that you receive has all the details about the applications compilation and deployment process. You can also download the source code and also visit the debug Web interface of your Application.
Installing the Android Application In a Device
Installing the Android Application In an Emulator